Boy #2 moved to a big boy bed no too long ago and was in need of a big boy quilt. I bought this robot fabric a LONG time ago and held on to it, hoping that I could use it in his quilt at some point.
The fabric was originally part of a quilt kit that I purchased from American Quilting (is this one of your kits Amy?). The kit was for a crib size, so I added a bit more to make it a twin size. I had to add in the greens so it would somewhat match what was already in his bedroom, and then I also changed the stripey binding to a stripe that had some green in it. (I really do have a weakness for a nice striped fabric.)
I love the robots, but I think my son likes the rocket ships more!
For the backing I used up what was left from the robots & rockets fabric and then added stripes of some Kona solids I had in my stash. I have to say it’s not my favorite backing that I’ve done!
Now my not-so-little boy has his own big boy quilt. I think that two of the most rewarding quilts I’ve created are the two I’ve done for my boys. There’s just something about seeing them snuggle up in it while they sleep.