September is my month to host the Imagine circle of Do. Good Stitches and I’ve chosen a scrappy version of the Susannah block for our group.
This block is a fantastic way to use up some scraps since all of the needed squares are either 3.5” or 4.25”. Here’s the tutorial!
For one (12.5") block you’ll need:
- 8 (3.5”) print squares
- 4 (3.5”) white or background squares
- 2 (4.25”) print squares
- 2 (4.25”) white or background squares
1. On the two (4.25”) white squares, draw a diagonal line or fold in half and finger press.
6. Using a 1/4” seam, sew squares into rows. Press each row.
7. Sew rows together, matching seams, and press block.
And there you have it! Pretty easy, right? For our group quilt we’ll be using this color palette:
Navy blues, royal blues, greens and yellows. I was going to choose a fall colored palette but I just can’t bring myself to let go of Summer just quite yet!
For those of you not in our Imagine group, if you make a Scrappy Susannah block I'd love to see it! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook, or add your block to the Sewing with A Bright Corner Flickr group!