This week I pulled out my leftovers from the Honey Honey quilt and sliced them up. I had mostly strips leftover, some as short as 8.5” inches so that was my starting point. I cut everything down to 8.5” inches but with varying widths. I added in about a yard of some Kona White I had in my closet as well.
Once I had everything cut, I randomly sewed them together into rows, pressed and then sewed the rows together.
This quilt top came together so quickly – mostly out of necessity. I just don’t have a lot of time right now and this made for a quick finish. When I do get time to sew I sure am quick - you should see me - I'm like a blur! Imagine the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes, but with bits of fabric and thread swirling around.
The quilt top measures about 44” x 57”
I have some sweet pink floral flannel for the backing and a bit darker pink print for the binding. But that will just have to wait. This quilt will eventually be heading to Project Linus. Eventually.
Linking up to