Hello everyone! Today I get to share a new project with you, as well as a brand new book from Pat Sloan and a soon-to-be-released fabric line by April Rosenthal. Lots of new things coming your way! And there's a few giveaways as well so be sure to read through to the end for all the details.
This has been kind of a strange month for me....Christmas projects and a Halloween project all in the same month and it's just barely June. What should I sew next? A Valentine's quilt? :)
(You're going to want to see the Christmas projects I've been cooking up...be sure you're signed up for my newsletter so you don't miss out. We also have two fun quilt alongs planned for later this year!)
Here's what I've been working on this week:
The pattern I used, called Liberty Hill, was originally created as a 4th of July themed project in the book but I thought those unique star blocks would also look so great in Halloween prints!
Pat was really clever when she designed this quilt - she made it so our leftover trimmed corners from the blocks are used to make the half square triangle border. Less waste is a great thing, and I love what the border adds to the overall design of the quilt.
The fabric I used is from an upcoming line by April Rosenthal for Moda Fabrics called Midnight Magic 2. It's due to arrive in quilt shops any day now so be on the look out for it! (As soon as it arrives, I'll add some links to shops where you can find it)
The little black cats are my favorite, but the candy corn prints are a close second. I'm not a fan of eating candy corn, but put them on fabric and I can't resist!
Leave a comment on THIS post to enter Giveaway ends on June 8, 2021 at 11:59 MDT Winner chosen at random on June 9, 2021 Open to all - both US and international (US residents will receive a printed copy of the book, E-book (PDF) for international) I will notify winner by email so be sure your email address is in your profile or your comment.
- May 31 - Martingale with a grand prize! martingale.com/
- June 1 - Jacquelynne Steves jacquelynnesteves.com
- June 2 - Andy Knowlton www.abrightcorner.
- June 3 - Scott Hansen bluenickelstudios.com
- June 4 - Amy Smart www.diaryofaquilter.com/
- June 5 - Bonnie Hunter https://quiltville.com
- June 6 - Fat Quarter Shop fatquartershop.com/
- June 7 - Becky Thompson powertoolswiththread.
- June 8 - The Shibaguyz, Shannon and Jason Mullett-Bowlsby www.designz.
- June 9 - Bev McCullough flamingotoes.
- June 10 - Aurifil auribuzz.com/
- June 11 - Maureen Cracknell maureencracknellhand
- June 12 - Melissa Mortenson www.polkadotchair.
- June 14 - wrap up at my evening video patsloan.com/
- June 16 Grand Prize announced!